The thought of going on vacation after a long year of hard work can bring joy and excitement to anyone. Whether it’s relaxing on a beach, exploring new cities, or escaping to the mountains, the options are endless. However, one of the most crucial things you need to make the most of your getaway is a good book. Reading is a perfect way to unwind, immerse yourself in new worlds, and enhance your travel experience. With that said, we’re giving you the perfect head start by listing some of the best reads for your 2022 vacation. So, grab your sunscreen and shades, and let’s get lost in some of the most thrilling books of the year!
1. Explore the World: Unwind with These Top Reads for Your 2022 Vacation!
Top Reads for Your 2022 Vacation:
If you’re eagerly waiting to take a breather from your mundane routine and head out for a rejuvenating vacation, then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve rounded up some of the most captivating and engrossing books that will take you on a virtual journey across borders and cultures.
Dive deep into the intricacies of different cultures with books like “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho, or embark on a self-discovery journey with books like “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. You can also choose to explore the beautiful and diverse landscapes of Japan with the stunning “The Travelling Cat Chronicles” by Hiro Arikawa.
If you’re seeking an adrenaline rush, check out adventures packed with mystery and intrigue like “The Da Vinci Code” by Dan Brown or “Into Thin Air” by Jon Krakauer that will transport you on a rollicking ride full of twists and turns.
For those looking for a more laid-back read, “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennett or “Little Fires Everywhere” by Celeste Ng offer immersive stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat with their emotionally charged plots and well-crafted characters.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a book of your choice and let yourself be transported to a different world of excitement and adventure. Reading is truly one of the most therapeutic ways to unwind after a long day and it’s the perfect companion for a relaxing vacation. Bon voyage and happy reading!
2. Journey to Another Time with These Exciting Books for Your Next Travel Adventure!
Time travel has always been a popular theme in books, and for good reason. It is a fantastic way to explore different eras and cultures without leaving your comfortable armchair. Whether you are looking to explore ancient civilizations, visit the Old West, or experience life in medieval Europe, there are plenty of exciting books out there for you to choose from.
One of the most popular time travel novels is Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. This epic tale takes readers on a journey through 18th-century Scotland, following the adventures of Claire and Jamie as they navigate the dangers of the Scottish Highlands. The series has been adapted into a hit TV show, and its legions of fans continue to grow with each passing year.
For those looking for a more lighthearted romp through time, consider picking up a copy of Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife. This romantic novel explores the relationship between Henry, a time traveler, and his wife Clare as they navigate the challenges of his unpredictable disappearances. The book is poignant, charming, and a joy to read.
If you prefer your time travel with a healthy dose of science fiction, give Connie Willis’ Doomsday Book a try. This award-winning novel takes readers back to England in the 14th century, just as the Black Death begins to sweep across the land. As the protagonist, a time-traveling historian, struggles to survive in this dangerous era, she also uncovers mysteries about the past that will alter the course of history forever.
Finally, if you are a fan of the Old West, pick up a copy of Michael Crichton’s Timeline. This thrilling novel follows a group of archaeologists as they travel back in time to medieval France, where they must rescue their professor from the clutches of a ruthless knight. The book is fast-paced, action-packed, and sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.
No matter what your literary preferences are, there is a time travel book out there for you. With their vivid descriptions and exciting plotlines, these novels offer readers a chance to explore different cultures and eras in a way that no other medium can. So why not pack your bags and journey to another time with these exciting books for your next travel adventure?
3. Get Lost in Literature: Add These Books to Your 2022 Vacation Reading List!
1. “The Midnight Library” – Matt Haig
Escape into the world of “The Midnight Library” where our protagonist finds herself in a place between life and death. She is given a chance to live alternate versions of her life, where she makes different choices and follows different paths. This is an uplifting tale that explores the infinite possibilities of our lives and the power of the choices we make.
2. “The Rose Code” – Kate Quinn
“The Rose Code” is a historical fiction novel set during World War II and follows three women who work as code-breakers at Bletchley Park, a center for cryptography in Britain. This is a story of friendship and sacrifice as the trio work tirelessly to break codes and aid in the war effort. The plot twists and turns, providing a riveting story that is sure to keep you hooked until the end.
3. “The Guest List” – Lucy Foley
“The Guest List” is a mystery thriller that takes place on a remote island off the coast of Ireland. The story follows a wedding celebration that quickly turns into a deadly game of whodunit. With a cast of intriguing characters, all with hidden pasts and secrets, this book will keep you guessing until the very end.
4. “The Sanatorium” – Sarah Pearse
“The Sanatorium” is a chilling thriller that takes place in an isolated hotel in the Swiss Alps. Eerie and atmospheric, this book will keep you on the edge of your seat. When a detective arrives at the hotel to investigate a murder, she soon realizes that the hotel itself is not what it seems. With a mix of horror, mystery, and suspense, this is a perfect addition for your vacation reading list.
5. “The Four Winds” – Kristin Hannah
“The Four Winds” is a historical fiction novel that takes place during the Great Depression in Texas. The story follows a woman and her family as they navigate the harsh realities of poverty and drought. This book is a testament to the resilience of the human spirit and shows the strength of maternal love in the face of extreme hardship. This is a beautifully written story that will stay with you long after you’ve finished it.
4. Discover New Horizons: Adventure Awaits with These Must-Read Books for Your 2022 Vacation!
Exciting adventures await in 2022, and what better way to dive into new horizons than through the pages of a book? Whether you’re exploring new cultures, embarking on a thrilling trek, or simply seeking inspiration for your next journey, these must-read books will take you on a literary vacation like no other.
1. “Brazil” by John Updike – For a glimpse into the colorful culture of Brazil, Updike’s classic novel takes readers on a journey through the electrifying streets of Rio de Janeiro. With vivid descriptions of samba music, street vendors, and the passionate locals, “Brazil” gives readers a tantalizing taste of Brazilian life.
2. “Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail” by Cheryl Strayed – If you’re looking for inspiration to embark on an adventurous trek, look no further than “Wild”, a memoir chronicling Strayed’s solo hike along the Pacific Crest Trail. Through her struggles and triumphs, Strayed takes readers on a transformative journey through the stunning wilderness of the west.
3. “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho – A timeless tale of self-discovery, “The Alchemist” follows a shepherd boy as he journeys throughout the world in search of his personal legend. As he encounters a series of challenges and learns the wisdom of the desert, readers are reminded to follow their hearts and chase their dreams.
4. “The Lost City of Z” by David Grann – For history buffs and adventure enthusiasts alike, “The Lost City of Z” delves into the true story of British explorer Percy Fawcett’s quest to find a fabled city in the Amazon rainforest. Grann’s gripping narrative portrays the challenges and intrigue of Fawcett’s journey and the allure of the unknown.
With these must-read books on hand, your 2022 adventures are sure to be filled with excitement and inspiration. So go ahead and explore new horizons through the magic of literature!
5. Vacation Reading Essentials: Stock Up on These Top Reads for Your 2022 Travel Getaway!
Beach towels? Check. Flip flops? Check. Sunscreen? Check. Wait a minute, what about the books? If you’re planning a 2022 travel getaway and aren’t sure what to read by the pool or on the plane, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of the top reads you should be sure to stock up on for your vacation reading.
1. “The Midnight Library” by Matt Haig – This book has been a hit in the literary world since its release. It’s a heartwarming and thought-provoking novel that will make you reflect on what truly matters in life. Perfect for a relaxing vacation, “The Midnight Library” will help you escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and immerse yourself in a heartwarming story that you’ll never forget.
2. “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens – This book has been on the New York Times bestseller list for over 140 weeks and for a good reason. It’s an enthralling coming-of-age story set in the marshes of North Carolina. The vivid descriptions of the landscapes and the secrets that lurk within the pages will keep you captivated for hours.
3. “Klara and the Sun” by Kazuo Ishiguro – If you’re a fan of science fiction, this book should go straight to the top of your reading list. The story follows Klara, an Artificial Friend, as she observes and tries to understand the world around her. A nuanced exploration of what it means to be human, “Klara and the Sun” is a masterpiece that will leave you thinking long after you finish the last page.
4. “The Four Winds” by Kristin Hannah – This book is perfect for those interested in historical fiction. Set during the Great Depression, “The Four Winds” follows a woman and her family as they struggle to survive the harsh realities of life during that era. A beautifully written story of endurance and love, “The Four Winds” will transport you back in time and make you thankful for the present.
5. “The Giver of Stars” by Jojo Moyes – This book is a must-read for fans of romance novels. It’s a heartwarming story about a group of women who deliver books to people living in remote areas of Kentucky. The story will make you laugh, cry, and fall in love with the characters, and the message of the importance of books and female empowerment will stay with you long after you’ve finished the book.
With these five books, you’ll be sure to have plenty of fantastic reading material for your 2022 travel getaway. Whether you’re looking for a heartwarming story or a thought-provoking exploration of the human condition, there’s something here for everyone. So pack your bags, grab a book, and get ready for a well-deserved and relaxing vacation.
6. Escape from Reality: Transport Yourself with These Page-Turning Books for Your 2022 Vacation!
Snuggled up in a cozy cabin, the warm sun on your skin as you lounge by the pool, or soaking in the seaside breeze – there are a million ways to enjoy a vacation. However, nothing compares to escaping into the pages of a good book. Here are some of the best books to lose yourself in on your much-anticipated 2022 vacation.
If you crave adventure, dig into the Alaskan wilderness with “The Great Alone” by Kristin Hannah. Get lost in the world of Leni, a young girl who moves with her family to remote Alaska to start a new life. Battling the unpredictable nature and isolation, this gripping family drama unfolds against the awe-inspiring backdrop of Alaska’s wilds.
COVID-19 disrupted the travel industry, but nothing stops the travel enthusiast from discovering new cultures. Katherine and David Boyle’s “Only in Naples” shares a journey of understanding through experiencing, exploring, and falling in love with Italy’s southern capital. Laugh, love, and live vicariously through the couple’s curious and at times, clumsy interactions with the local Italians, their art, and their food.
When you’re ready for something lighthearted, indulge in “People We Meet on Vacation” by Emily Henry. A romantic comedy follows “opposites-attract” Alex and Poppy, who go from strangers to friends to lovers, recounting their hilarious and heartwarming vacations over a decade.
Despite the destination, there is always an itch to revisit the places you fell in love with. Follow the footsteps of two friends and their backpacking journey through Southeast Asian countries with “Sightseeing” by Rattawut Lapcharoensap. Immerse yourself in the bustling city life of Bangkok or chow down on aromatic street foods in Chiang Mai without leaving your cozy reading nook.
Whether you’re an armchair traveler or preparing for an adventure, these books will transport you to different places without the hassle of packing. So, pick your poison, grab a book, and get lost in an alternate universe – a perfect way to escape from reality.
7. Soak up the Sun, Beach, and Good Reads: Get Ready for Your 2022 Vacation with These Books!
1. Best Beach Reads for Your 2022 Vacation
Escape into a world of romance, suspense, and adventure with the best beach reads for your 2022 vacation. From heartwarming novels to gripping thrillers, these books will keep you entertained under the sun for hours. Get lost in the beloved classics such as “Pride and Prejudice” and “The Great Gatsby” or dive into newer titles like “The Silent Patient” and “The Island.” Add them to your reading list before heading to the beach, and you won’t be disappointed.
2. Inspirational Memoirs for a Relaxing Vacation
If you’re looking for a book that will inspire your soul and help you relax, the right motivational memoirs might fit the bill. These books will take you on a journey of self-discovery, helping you gain a fresh perspective on life while unwinding on the beach. Some of our top picks include “Becoming” by Michelle Obama, “Eat Pray Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert, and “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed. Give these a read and come back from your 2022 vacation feeling refreshed and inspired.
3. Fairy Tales and Fantasy for the Inner Child
Who said fairy tales and fantasy are for kids? These genres are perfect for adults who want to indulge their imaginations and escape reality for a while. From the magical world of Hogwarts in Harry Potter to the mystical forests in “The Chronicles of Narnia,” immerse yourself in a world of enchantment and wonder. Whether you’re sunbathing or lounging by the pool, these books will take you on a journey you’ll never forget.
4. Travel Guides for Your 2022 Getaway
If exploring new places is what excites you the most about your 2022 vacation, be sure to pack a travel guide or two. These guides will provide insider tips, hidden gems, and recommendations for the best places to eat, drink and play while on your trip. From Lonely Planet to Fodor’s, there are plenty of travel guides to choose from, depending on your destination and interests. And who knows, you might even discover some hidden gems that aren’t in the guidebooks!
Questions People Also Ask:
Q1: What are the best vacation books to read in 2022?
A: There are countless literary works that would be perfect for vacation reading in 2022. Some great options include Kristin Hannah’s “The Four Winds,” which tells the story of a family’s journey during the Great Depression, and “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo” by Taylor Jenkins Reid, a novel about an aging Hollywood actress reflecting on her life and loves. Another excellent option is “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennett, a powerful story about twin sisters who take very different paths in life. These books offer compelling narratives to captivate readers on their next vacation.
Q2: Why are these books great for vacation reading?
A: The best vacation books are ones that offer an escape from the stresses of everyday life and provide an opportunity to relax and unwind. All three of the previously mentioned books – “The Four Winds,” “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo,” and “The Vanishing Half” – are gripping and immersive, pulling readers into their worlds. Moreover, these stories are crafted with rich, descriptive language and well-developed characters, transporting readers to new settings and exposing them to new experiences in a way that can provide a meaningful escape from reality.
Q3: What other vacation book options are there?
A: Some other wonderful options for vacation reading in 2022 include “The Immortalists” by Chloe Benjamin, which explores the lives of a group of siblings after they visit a fortune teller who predicts the dates of their deaths. Another book is “The Lost Man” by Jane Harper, a thriller set on a remote Australian cattle station. For those who enjoy a bit of mystery and romance, “The Bookshop of Second Chances” by Jackie Fraser is a charming novel about a woman who leaves her old life behind and opens a new bookstore on the Scottish coast.
Q4: What makes for a great vacation book anyway?
A: A great vacation book is one that is enjoyable and easy to read, without being overly simplistic. These books should allow readers to escape reality, transport them to new worlds or situations, and offer thought-provoking insights or perspectives. A book that gently captures the imagination and inspires joy and relaxation makes for the perfect vacation companion.
Q5: Can audiobooks be a good option for vacation reading?
A: Absolutely! Audiobooks can be a great choice for vacation reading, whether you’re traveling alone or with friends or family. Listening to a book allows you to relax and rest your eyes, while still engaging with a story and actively using your imagination. Moreover, audiobooks can be a wonderful way to experience books you may not otherwise have the opportunity to read.
Q6: What should I look for when choosing a vacation book?
A: When selecting a book for vacation reading, consider your personal interests and what type of stories you enjoy. Ask for recommendations from friends or family members who share your literary tastes, and keep an eye out for discussion-worthy titles that could inspire conversation during the trip. Also, consider the length and complexity of the book, as well as the location where you’ll be reading- some books may be more suited to beach reading while others are great for savoring in a cozy cabin or curled up in a hammock under a tree.
Q7: What’s the best thing about a great vacation book?
A: A great vacation book is one that you’ll look back on with fondness, evoking pleasant memories of your time away. Whether it’s finding a new favorite author or immersing oneself in the beauty and serenity of a new setting, a fantastic vacation book can summon a world of wonder and imagination, making your time away even more special and memorable.
- Soak up the Sun, Beach, and Good Reads: Get Ready for Your 2022 Vacation with These Books!
- This article is about a list of books that will make the perfect accompaniment to your 2022 vacation.
- The books included in this list are perfect for a beach vacation or any trip where you’ll be soaking up the sun.
- The article includes a brief synopsis of each book, as well as a link to purchase it.
- The featured books cover everything from romance to thriller, ensuring there’s something for everyone.
- Whether you’re looking for a light and easy read or something a bit more challenging, this list has you covered.
- So pack your sunscreen, towel, and these books, and get ready for a perfect 2022 vacation!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Meet Sarah Johnson, a passionate writer based in Arizona who has been crafting compelling content for Digital Arizona News for the past two years. With a degree in journalism and a background in marketing, Sarah brings a unique perspective to her writing, blending the art of storytelling with an eye for detail and a knack for crafting SEO-friendly copy. Her work covers a wide range of topics, from breaking news and politics to lifestyle and entertainment, always striving to inform and engage readers with her writing. In her free time, Sarah enjoys hiking in the beautiful Arizona mountains and exploring the local food scene.